Technical Services Manager - Insurance
£80,000 - £95,000 per annum
A Technical Services Manager is required to direct and lead the delivery of systems and services within a division including in line with the company strategy. Contribute to the global infrastructure strategy, to assist in the definition and implementation the global sourcing and target operating models and to manage the performance of key 3rd parties in the provision services.
Ensure the operational delivery of these services (including changes and improvements) to agreed targets, including key aspects such as quality, cost effective and timeliness to contribute to the overall effectiveness of Technology Services.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead capability and capacity planning disciplines to ensure that IT infrastructure develops and maintains capability and capacity to meet short and long-term business demand
* Plan and execute a comprehensive disaster recovery strategy
* Facilitate team operations by contributing to the design, planning, development, and implementation of infrastructure framework and managing team workload
* Manage complex and unexpected situations by resolving escalations within the infrastructure environment to ensure alignment with business objectives and service level agreements
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
* Extensive understanding of the IT department, its environment / solutions, plans and strategies
* Expert knowledge of IT technologies and best practice
* Knowledge of project management best practice and its application and implications
* Extensive industry knowledge and experience in a global organisation including best practice infrastructures, processes and business practices
* Strong technical background and ability to translate technical terms in phrases understood by the business customer