Fire and Security Service Manager
Would suit candidate based in Dorset
My client is looking for an experienced Service Manager to run a team of some ten engineers and an admin team reporting directly to the Branch Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to Manage the Service and Breakdown department.
The successful Candidate must be multi - disciplined in Fire & security and have knowledge of current Regulations and experience in this role.
· Oversee the day-to-day running’s of the service and reactive breakdown dept.
· Assist and manage the Breakdown and Service coordinator.
· Work with coordinator to organise and distribute work to the engineers.
· Manage the senior service engineer to make sure Audits are being completed.
· Make sure all servicing is done within the required time frame.
· Make sure all breakdowns are attended in a timely manner.
· Oversee and supervise the Service & Breakdown engineers (currently 10 engineers).
· Manage the engineers designated Areas and adjust as workload increases.
· Review Returning report sheets and escalate for quotation or repairs where required.
· Organise the setup of new sites and communicate to the rest of the team.
· Liaise with the technical manager to arrange remedial works with the minor works engineer.
· Create quotes for servicing and Service agreements to send to prospective customers.
· Audit the weekly testing.
· Assist and oversee the monthly invoices to contract customers.
· Making sure all report sheets and associated invoices are sent to clients in a timely manner.
· Proactively approach existing customers to advise of potential upgrades as picked up by servicing.
· Liaise with the technical surveyor to arrange quotes for larger works as identified in service visits.
· Attend client meetings as required to advise on service schedules.
· Report to Branch manager and directors on a weekly basis with updates on servicing.
· Cover for Service coordinator when on Holiday or absent.
· Make sure all BAFE and SSAIB paperwork is being filled out and correctly organised and stored.
· Ensure all relative service jobs on the management software are closed down and priced correctly.
· Provide technical support in the office and to engineers as and when required.
· Provide Toolbox talks to engineers
· Complete RAMS where required and adhere to the companies Health & Safety
· Minimum 3 years management experience
· Answer office phone as and when required.
· Ensure engineers are efficient and achieving their targets.
· Manage the engineers call out rota.
· Constantly Look at improving the department and making this side of the business profitable.
· Be on the out of hours escalation rota
. Must complete set KPI's
Reference ID: Service manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £34,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
· Additional leave
· Company car
· Company events
· On-site parking
· Sick pay
· Monday to Friday
Taking precautions in line with Government Guidelines
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Poole BH16: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
· The successful applicant must have at least 3 years managerial experience in the Fire & Security maintenance industry in a similar role managing engineers.
· Service management: 3 years (required)