Stock Controller / Scheduler
This award winning food producer is a true market leader within its field. Nationally represented supplying British retailers as well as exporting to over 50 countries internationally.
Employees are supported to grow and achieve their full potential in an environment that embraces innovation, continuous improvement and sustainability.
This is an interesting and varied role offering a mixture of Stock Control, production scheduling, planning and a bit of buying too.
The purpose of the role is to ensure stock targets are maintained without compromising quality, plan attainment, customer requirements and control of costs. Based at the Cross Hands production facility you will work within a team of 3 people on site and be part of a wider National Team. You will work to targets for both the site and group for current products, including forward planning for seasonal volume uplifts.
Duties will include:
* Co-ordinating daily and weekly stock levels, purchasing schedules for suppliers based on products purchased covering the UK, Southern Ireland and the North West of England
* Co-ordinating ingredient blending files as well as maintaining weekly raw material forecast for primary production and scheduling for all products
* Using the system to prepare daily purchase orders, receipt of delivery and approving invoices
* Track orders to ensure that deliveries have been received, are correct and liaise with suppliers on any issues raising disputes where necessary
* Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications raising disputes where necessary
* Liaising with external coldstore / transport companies
* Preparing weekly raw material transfer reports
* Prepare weekly and monthly claims for products for group suppliers.
Although specific training on company products and systems will be provided, the successful applicant will require the following experience, skills and attributes:
* Experience in a stock control / planning role within food production or manufacturing
* Highly analytical with an eye for detail
* Proficiency in the use of MS Office
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
Opportunity to join an organisation where employees are respected and empowered to reach their full potential. Offering an excellent salary of up to £30000 PA for applicants who meet all requirements as well as company benefits. Be part of a productive and motivated team within a highly successful organisation.
For more information contact Kim Simpson of Work Wales for a confidential discussion.