FINTEC recruit is seeking a Structural Engineer for our engineering consultancy client based in Cardiff. This is a permanent full time role, working Monday to Friday, salary negotiable by experience up to circa £40,000. An opportunity to develop your career further, if you have two years+ experience in structural engineering and looking to gain further development and experience in building structures design. Working on a wide scope and variety of challenging and interesting building structures projects. Active progression towards professional membership is strongly encourage and supported.
The range of projects are involved in civil engineering, structural engineering, geo-environmental, design of highways and infrastructure, surveys for residential and commercial and more. Responsible for working on a wide scope of building structure schemes, delivering projects from design stage to construction while supporting the contractor on site queries.
* Manage projects under supervision including liaison with clients
* Analysis and design of structures in structural steel, reinforced concrete, timber and masonry
* Produce detailed calculations, both computer analysis based and by hand
* Tailor consultancy support around customer requirements and needs, liaising with architects,engineers etc
* Working with the technical team, prepare and produce drawings.
* Visiting sites to inspect works and producing reports
Skills and experience required for the Structural Engineer role
* Minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in building structures design
* Experience in using Tedds, Telka Structural Designer, AutoCAD software
* Experience of working with Eurocodes British Standards and Building Regulations
* Excellent understanding of structural behaviour and analytical methods
* Experience of using different structural materials
* Sound ability in Mathematics and English
* Good organisational and planning skills
* Holds a current driving licence
* Degree qualified in a relevant subject with commitment to actively progress towards professional membership.
* Chartered or working towards chartered status (IStructE or ICE)
Full details of the Structural Design Engineer role is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV to FINTEC recruit