Supply Chain Manager
£40000 - £45000 PA
This Internationally represented FMCG manufacturer based in South Wales is looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager. They supply products and services to the UK's largest multiple retailers. The company is currently in a growth phase making it an exciting time for both the company and new employees.
The main function of the role will be managing the company's supply of products to the company's clients, finding cost-effective solutions and suppliers for our business. Ensuring best service for our customers, whilst proactively managing and controlling costs, and initiating sustainable savings whilst developing long term relationships with suppliers of ingredients and services.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
* Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
* Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships
* Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
* Control and management of deliveries from nominated carriers to customers in line with requirements and timescales
* Invoicing customers for orders placed
* Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
* Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
* Examine and test existing contracts
* Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
* Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
* Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
* Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
* Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
* Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
* Support production team with manufacturing forecasts
* Support administrative requirements of our customers with product information and forecasting updates
* A graduate ideally from a relevant discipline
* Proven working experience as a Supply Chain or Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, or Head of Procurement
* Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in "reading" the market
* Talent in negotiations and networking
* Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
* Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
* Experience in collecting and analysing data.
* Strong leadership capabilities
* Good communicator with excellent people skills
* Can do attitude with flexibility to changing requirements of the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company at the start of new growth phase. As the company grows so will the role and level of responsibilities. Company offer a good salary, pension fund and 25 days holiday plus public holidays.
For more information contact Kim Simpson of Work Wales for a confidential discussion.