Avionics Technical Systems Support Engineer
Company client has a requirement for Technical Support Engineer (Avionics) to work in Luton, Bedfordshire
Contract is to start as soon as possible until December 2021
Approx. 37.5 hours per week.
Pay: Please note this role is in-scope of IR35.
£32.55 per hour - Umbrella PAYE
£28.99 per hour - In-Scope LTD
£25.24 per hour - PAYE
Please note that if successful for this role candidates will require valid Human Factors, EWIS, and Fuel Tank Safety certification.
Candidates will also require to hold a full airside pass, undergoing a 5-year reference check and have to apply for a DBS and GSAT.
Business Sector: Engineering & Maintenance
Function: Engineering Services
Reports To: Engineering Services Manager
Define the Technical Specification of the aircraft within the TUI Airways fleet to ensure a continued safe and reliable operation with the least amount of disruption. Support both Line and Hangar Maintenance with solutions to tasks that are beyond the scope of those laid out in the readily available manuals. Review manufacturers, internal company and regulatory recommendations / requirements to ensure that aircraft are compliant with regulations and perform to their optimum. Contribute towards, and promote TUI Airways as an innovative and world class airline.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
· Analyse Component Defect Reports and take action to improve reliability on the most cost-effective basis, in conjunction with the Failure Rate Monitoring Programme.
· Carry out selection and periodic re-evaluation of external repair / overhaul agencies for rotable components, in conjunction with the Contracts department for parts not covered in the “pooling” agreements.
· Carry out investigation in conjunction with manufacturers and overhaul agencies.
· Provide the Engineering Finance team with detailed reports annotating financial spend against assigned projects and / or modifications.
· Evaluate technical publications to determine desirability; liaise with internal and external third parties from initial review through to embodiment.
· Investigate remedial or modification action to reduce persistent aircraft system avionic defects.
· Prepare modification Engineering Releases in conjunction with the Design department and Civil Aviation Authority.
· Advise and assist maintenance supervision during manufacture and initial installation of Modification Engineering Releases. Monitor in-service reliability to obtain optimum performance.
· Perform project evaluation, control and implementation with full financial oversight as directed by management.
· Recommend amendments to the Maintenance Programme to achieve maximum cost effectiveness, or to meet changes in required maintenance inputs.
· Carry out technical evaluations and provide detailed responses for assigned Occurrence Reports.
· Evaluate Boeing PPRs in conjunction with scheduled new aircraft deliveries.
· Represent TUI Airways at meetings with manufacturers and airlines both internally and externally, address action items in a timely manner.
· Control and evaluate Flight Recorder readout reports.
· Initiate and control Work Orders for any additional work requirements.
· Provide assistance for the creation of Part 21J modifications in conjunction with the Design department and Boeing.
· Produce, amend, or enhance departmental, inter-departmental and company procedures.
· Control of aircraft ELA status.
· Provide technical follow-up support to the TUI Airways and contracted Part M fleets during AOG or potential AOG situations whilst on out-of-hour’s duty roster.
Qualifications and Experience
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance environment, and proven knowledge and experience within Engineering Services.
· Minimum Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s licence, or degree / HND in Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent related experience. Proven record and knowledge of aircraft systems relevant to the aircraft types operated by TUI Airways and any contracted Part M. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
· Able to manage priorities and work to demanding timescales.
· Able to manage working hours to ensure the needs and demands of the role are fulfilled.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Good facilitator.
· Excellent written and verbal communicator.
· Understanding of Human Factors.
· Knowledge of IOSH.
· Understanding of business / financial risks.
· A good knowledge of Health & Safety requirements within an engineering environment.
· Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and an understanding of the company’s computer system AMOS.
Key Relationships (Internal & External contacts)
Person(s) – Nature
NAA (CAA, EASA, FAA) Interface on continuing airworthiness
Part M, Part 145, Part 147 - To drive continual improvements into the business. CATPs, MOE & Forms Continuous improvement
Suppliers - Interface on commercial & contributing airworthiness matters. Support contract discussions, negotiations and produce executive summaries
Training - Continuous training
Quality MOR, ASR and audit findings investigation
Additional Relevant Information
· UK and overseas travel may be required at short notice and for extended periods.
· Required to meet DFT requirements for an airside pass
Four Key Technical Skills (Assessment Criteria)
Technical Skills 1 Team Player
Technical Skills 2 Computer Literate
Technical Skills 3 Report Writing
Technical Skills 4 Analytical Skills