Do you have experience of working with individuals focusing on mental health, addictions, homelessness and/or social services as a support worker?
If so, we have a fantastic role with a well-respected International Charity, based in a village close to Bedford.
The charity operates seven days a week and this role will require working 9:30am - 4:30pm Wednesday - Sunday, you will also need your own vehicle due to the location of my client.
As a client-facing Support Worker you will really be making a difference to clients on a daily basis, in an empowering and well-supported setting.
Reporting to the Support Manager you will be proactively contributing to providing a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment, ensuring successful outcomes are achieved appropriate to each client.
If you have the relevant personal qualities, experience, skills, enthusiasm and a positive "can do" attitude and would relish the chance to work in this dynamic, progressive, and successful charity, we would like to hear from you.
You will be joining a friendly and enthusiastic team who are passionate about what they do and a social enterprise that has an exciting future. This role is not just about delivery of targets, it is equally important that you can support, motivate, and develop people in a positive way.
Working alongside clients in a social enterprise retail environment where duties may include:
* Hands-on support for clients in all areas of the social enterprise activities to ensure a clear understanding of the companion and social enterprise needs
* Supporting clients in areas of the social enterprise that they may be finding difficult
* Supporting the organisation with the delivery of companion inductions to the social enterprise and community life
* Working closely with clients to ensure training and personal development plans are identified and achieved
* Organising, assisting, or delivering social enterprise/retail training for the companions
* Support companion development whilst supporting personal development plans
* Support clients to develop healthier lifestyles/life skills
* Organising, assisting, or leading activities which support mental, physical, emotional, or social health and wellbeing
* Accompanying/taking clients to appointments
* Substance misuse recovery support
* Identifying goals and aspirations and work with clients to achieve these
* Helping the whole team deliver a flexible and holistic approach to supporting companions
* Ensuring clients are involved in all aspects of community life, and are part of its organisation, development, and decision-making procedures
* Supporting clients to participate in Solidarity activities Support the staff team in day-to-day problem solving and conflict resolution
* Effectively communicate individual needs within the wider staff team to ensure that there is a holistic approach to supporting clients across the community
* Ensuring that all support activities and personal development of companions are delivered in accordance with the charities ethos, culture, policies, and procedures Record keeping and IT
* Minimum one-year recent, related work experience with an emphasis on mental health, addictions, homelessness and/or social services.
* Working with a diverse range of adults at risk or people with challenging behaviour
* Experience of managing challenging behaviour and conflict resolution
* Effective listening
* Confidence to take on and resolve difficult issues
* Ability to stay calm and cope under extreme pressure
* Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to enable and empower rather than direct
* Effective time management and organisational skills
* Easy and friendly manner, demonstrating empathy, fairness, and professionalism
* Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the community and business
* Competent IT user including Microsoft Office Packages, internet, and email
* Knowledge of disorders including mental health diagnosis, treatment, and resources; addiction resources and stages of change
* Confidentiality and data protection
* Awareness, understanding and compliance to Equal Opportunities
* Understanding of professional boundaries
* Enthusiastic with a 'can do' attitude
* Commitment to environmental sustainability and social development
* Current and clean driving licence
* A belief in the potential of each individual and an understanding of the importance of community in helping an individual to achieve their potential
* Effective and committed team player
* Ability and willingness to work with and alongside clients, staff, and volunteers
* Motivated, proactive and ability to use own initiative
* Empathetic and understanding of a wide range of needs and experiences
* Awareness and acceptance of own limitations
* Strong emotional resilience and able to identify when external support is needed for self and others
* Able to welcome people into the community with no prejudice.
Our client is offering a basic salary of £24,000 plus benefits and a fantastic working environment where you can really contribute and make a difference!
Apply now for immediate consideration, in complete confidence.
Advancing People - The Recruitment Specialist
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.