FINTEC recruit is seeking a Systems Engineer for our engineering client based in Edinburgh. This is a permanent role, competitive salary package, possible option of contacting. Experience from working in aerospace, defence applications, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation sectors will be considered.
There is opportunity to work remotely with visiting the Edinburgh site when necessary. Experience of algorithm development, preferably for Electro Optical and Infrared sensor systems.
* Understanding systems requirements, breakdown of requirements to sub-systems.
* Production of engineering management plans
* Production of SOWs and design review documentation
* Support generation of test strategy, test plans & test documentation
* Planning/preparation of integration/test environment, including facilities, test equipment (custom/ COTS), tools & test/simulation software
* Support system integration and test activities, working closely with hardware, software & firmware teams to achieve project milestones/deliverables
* Help to identify, investigate & resolve system integration issues
* Support verification of system & sub-system requirements
* Define verification methods/ tests & show traceability to systems/sub-system requirements
* Support system/sub-system Qualification testing, including generation of test reports
* Support system acceptance test activities
* Participation in design reviews
* Gather test evidence and prepare documentation for Certification/Qualification
* Provide lab-based system demonstrations to customers / partner companies
* Integrate systems on flight trials aircraft and support flight trials
* Support platform integration with customer systems/aircraft, including in-field system software upgrades
Skills and Experience required for the System Engineer role:
* Experience of requirements management
* Systems integration and/or test experience of complex, high-reliability systems
* Experience of verification and validation (V&V) activities to achieve certification and acceptance
* Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Able to generate high-quality documentation (test specifications, procedures & reports)
* Experience with the use and application of Simulink and Matlab.
Full details of the Systems Engineering role is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV to FINTEC recruit