Systems Engineer (Power Battery Systems)
£35,000 to £55,000 + Benefits Package
Systems Engineer required to design, integrate & deliver, from concept to production, Power Battery Systems. You will ensure that the batteries with a focus on high power fulfil all requirements (cost, timing, performance, function, attributes).
This position is an exceptional opportunity. This exciting new business has an innovative product offering and already has a full order book. They supply their products into several industries that are rapidly growing. Your work will be instrumental in the future success of the company.
The Systems Engineer (Power Battery Systems) Role:
* Guarantee Battery Energy Storage System delivery to all projects (to spec, on time and on budget)
* Understand and support the package constraints of the controlled battery cells
* Work with external partners that will help deliver innovation in technologies
* Ensure design solutions deliver systems that meet attribute targets such power and response
* Deliver complete containerised DC, AC and AI control distribution systems
* Ensure delivery on schedule for all phases of prototype, pilot, pre-production and production build
* Present material to support external and internal project status reviews
* Support installation and site preparation with the end customer and Financial Energy Distributors
The Systems Engineer (Power Battery Systems):
* Experienced in OEM or tier one component delivery or Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or Power Engineering Degree (or equivalent). Basic knowledge & experience of Li-ion Battery Storage Systems
* Experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Thermal Battery Cell design, packaging & release
* Experience in the behaviour and characterisation of electro-chemical cells
* Good CATIA V5 2D/3D skills with GD&T application experience
* Detailed understanding of Li-Ion technologies, Ultra/Supercapacitor storage solutions, Functional Safety and High Voltage Switchgear design
* Experience of testing to prove integration of electric elements and other sub-systems.
* Experience with Grid codes and practices
* Experience of control-system software and remote data viewing and calibration tools