Work Wales have an exciting new Team Leader position. The charity we are working with provides support for people with Mental Health, Addiction and Substance Use Conditions to achieve their potential and a higher standard of life. You will be required to build a support package so that everyone can increase their life skills and confidence. You will help promote the independence of the people we support enabling them to develop with other local, community-based resources and opportunities. You will support the Manager and work as part of a team to facilitate opportunities for individuals who have experience of substance misuse and/or mental health conditions. This position is Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening work.
What we are looking for:
* Previous care and supported living experience with Mental Illness.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and non-verbal)
* A willing attitude and a caring and reliable nature.
* Promote the values and beliefs of all people.
* Ability to work independently as well as demonstrate good teamwork.
* Compassion and empathy.
* Remain and calm and patient in difficult or stressful situations.
* A strong work ethic, self-motivation, and resilience.
* Adaptable to the changing needs of those you support.
* Flexible working hours, which may include evenings and weekends in line with service requirements.
* Provide emotional support.
* Good level of general IT skills
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of people.
* NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
* Full drivers' licence.
What we offer:
* Opportunity for career progression.
* Paid induction programme.
* Long Service Awards.
* An employee referral bonus scheme.
* Support and Wellbeing Advice Service.
* Opportunity to increase your knowledge and skill set through paid training for nationally recognised qualifications.
* Company pension scheme.
The company are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care and therefore all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure and satisfactory reference checks.