I have an immediate contracting requirement for a Technical Accounting Manager until March 2022.
* Qualified Accountant.
* Solvency II experience - a must have.
* IFRS experience.
* GI industry experience a bonus.
Exciting opportunity for a Technical Accounting Manager on a secondment until February 2022.
The primary purpose of the role - Support the Technical Accounting Regulatory, General Insurance and Investment lead to deliver best in class technical accounting advisory support relating to the implementation of regulatory changes, particularly Solvency II.
As part of the wider Technical Advisory and Policy team, the role holder will also be responsible for ensuring clear line of sight of the impact of regulatory, GI and investment accounting issues on wider Group reporting, including KPIs. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Interpretation and implementation of regulatory reporting developments
* Liaising with internal stakeholders on regulatory reporting consultations and providing feedback on consultations to external stakeholders
* Accounting advisory support on a range of queries, transactions and projects.
* Engagement and issue resolution with external audit on technical accounting matters.
* Contributes to updates to Group IFRS and Solvency II accounting manuals.
* Provide training to wider finance on areas of expertise.
* Good knowledge of IFRS and/or the regulatory reporting environment within which our client operates. Broad but less in depth knowledge of other reporting bases used by our client preferable but not essential.
* Broad but strong technical accounting analysis skills with some experience of researching, understanding, interpreting and applying accounting standards.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Can articulate complex analysis. Excellent written and oral skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management - can work with colleagues across disciplines.
* Exercises sound and balanced judgement in complex situations.
* Proven ability to manage a portfolio of work.
* Can flex priorities in line with changing business needs.
* Attention to detail and controls focus, strives to keep the business safe from financial misstatement.
* Qualified accountant with good knowledge of IFRS and/or the regulatory reporting environment within which our client operates.
* Would consider an actuary with relevant experience
* Degree level or equivalent
* Qualified Accountant with relevant experience at a large insurer or with an audit/advisory background.