Technical Data Analyst
City of London
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Provide Data Mapping, Analysis and Reconciliation for data migration and integration projects
Responsibilities may include:
* Meet with Business Analysts to understand requirements for data migration and associated data reporting initiatives. In partnership with the business analysts, help refine requirements for the Migration, BI team & Test team.
* In collaboration assess disparate data sources (such as text files, databases, snapshots from insurance systems etc.) to determine suitable conversion approach that accounts for all data elements required by business. Review, interpret, and assess the source and target systems to ensure conversion of data from source to target systems results in delivery of business objectives.
* Analyse datasets to create mapping between source to target systems (table & column level mapping, conversion and filtration rules, mapping of list values). Provide references for development and test teams by writing and maintaining mapping documentation in standard, predefined formats. Help support development & test teams on data mapping related queries.
* Assist business, development and test teams in resolution of data quality, data reconciliation and conversion issues. Assist in troubleshooting issues with target systems / integrations as a result of migrations.
* Minimum 3 years' experience working in insurance or reinsurance industry.
* Minimum 2 years' experience working on medium/large scale data projects, assessing quality of datasets and resolving historical data quality issues
* 2 years of experience in SQL/T-SQL and ability to carry out data analysis using SQL
* Minimum 1 years' experience working on data projects with hands-on data mapping and reconciliation responsibilities
* IRIS experience preferred