Our client who design, manufacture, install and commission a range of industrial thermal process equipment is looking to recruit Technical Engineer on a permanent basis to their expanding team.
Reporting to the Technical & Quality Manager and assisting both the Technical & Quality Manager and the Production Works Supervisor you will take responsibility for progressing the electrical and mechanical elements of contracts through Engineering and Works across all project phases.
Working from head office, the Technical Engineer will manage projects for equipment supply and turnkey installations to commercial and technical completion within contract requirements.
Technical Engineer - PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assisting the Production Works Supervisor with progressing contracts through Engineering & Works using the company's computer system and associated filing.
* Communicating with cross functional project team members or departments and collaborate with suppliers and Group factories and Technical Departments as needed regarding product design and operation.
* Progressing the electrical engineering of contracts including control circuit design, site wiring diagrams and associated documentation including compiling manuals.
* Preparing & revising mechanical drawings including P&IDs, GAs & PED standard drawings.
* Ensuring accurate information is gathered and presented to Contracts Engineers to ensure equipment compliance with design data within the framework of the Company's Quality Procedures and to enable the procurement and manufacture of equipment to fulfil contractual requirements.
* Preparing and updating Technical Service Department documents including standard manual sections, datasheets & Technical Services Communications producing product and component selection and use information to colleagues in Contracts and Service Departments.
Job Description - Technical Engineer
* Assisting the Production Works Supervisor with Facilities Management.
* Contracting builders & maintenance companies to carry out maintenance & repairs to the site
* Negotiating utility supply contracts.
* Assisting the Technical and Quality manager with Health and Safety and Quality Management functions.
* Health & Safety - conducting and reviewing risk assessments for activities and implementing controls or actions as a result.
* Quality Management. Revising and updating the company Quality Manual and Inter Procedures, assisting with progressing Quality Incident Reports.
INTERFACE WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS:
PURCHASING, APPLICATIONS ENGINEERING AND SERVICE DIVISION
Technical Engineer - EXPERIENCE
* We are looking for a practical Engineering professional ideally with experience in the process and practicalities of system design within an ISO 9001 quality driven business.
* Ideal experience would be from within mechanical or electrical engineering services with specific reference thermal / high temperature process heating applications, but other backgrounds will be considered.
* Use of AutoCAD in preparing Electrical Circuit Diagrams / P+IDs / GA drawings.
* Proficiency with MS Office suite of applications.
* A track record in working on medium sized technology orientated, multi-disciplinary projects.
* Excellent organisational and multi-tasking ability.
Technical Engineer - QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ideally you will have practical engineering skills plus a formal qualification (HNC/HND or Degree) in a related field such as MECHANICAL ENGINEERING and or ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING. Experience of working in a similar job role is ideal. Longer experience may be considered as an advantage over academic achievement.
Technical Engineer suitable previous job titles: Operations Engineer, Technical Engineer, Operations & Technical Engineer, project engineer, project coordinator, project manager, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, applications engineer, contracts engineer, design engineer, commercial engineer
Please apply ASAP!