An exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join a fast-growing provider of coding and marking equipment and consumables in the UK.
BASIC SALARY: c£40,000 - £45,000
· Company Vehicle
· Contributory Pension
· 20 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Hull, Sheffield, Middlesbrough, Liverpool
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Manager - Coding and Marking
Reporting to the General Manager, the Technical Manager role will require you to provide the highest levels of customer service to their clients across a broad range of coding, marking and printing technologies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Technical Manager - Coding and Marking
· Carry out field installations, preventative maintenance, equipment health checks and repairs across the broad range of coding, marking and digital print technologies.
· Investigate, diagnose, and rectify any customer equipment faults in a timely manner.
· Managing bespoke projects and working closely with the existing team as well as some design work
· There will be some requirement for software integration as well some PLC interface
· Identify opportunities for minor repairs and highlight these to the clients as recommendations.
· Provide technical support and operator training.
· Be able to provide feedback so that you can maintain good customer relations and improve product design.
· Raise complaints where necessary and feedback sales opportunities
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Technical Manager - Coding and Marking
· Qualified to at least HNC level Electro / Mechanical engineer or time served.
· Good customer facing skills
· Ideally a working knowledge of inkjet, labellers or Thermal Transfer printers, however we will also consider candidates from other backgrounds including end of line equipment
· An understanding of PLC controls and working with the software sector.
· Calm under pressure
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Self-motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial and excellent team player skills.
We are a fast-growing supplier of coding and marking equipment including continuous inkjet, thermal inkjet, laser, labelling equipment and thermal transfer printers. With one of the broadest range of products, we aim to deliver class-leading solutions across diverse industries including food, drink, healthcare and industrial
Head quartered in the UK, they are now looking for an experienced Technical Manager to compliment there existing team and based in the North of England with easy access to the M62.
The company have an active policy of promoting from within, wherever possible.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Field Service Engineer, Installation Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Customer Support Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Technical Service Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Technical Manager, Service Manager - Marking and Coding, Inkjet, Packaging Machinery, Conveying systems, X-Ray systems, checkweighers, metal detectors.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.