Job Title: Technical Manager
Our client is a leading food business who supply to a variety of the major retailers. As they continue to expand and grow their presence in the marketplace they are now seeking a driven and ambitious Technical Manager in Cambridgeshire.
Reporting into the Head of Technical, this role is an excellent opportunity for an experience Food or Fresh Produce professional looking for their role upwards to join a well-respected food manufacturing company that supplies premium products to a number of retailers.
In this Technical Manager position you will be responsible for:
* Develop relationships with all key customer stakeholders
* For your accounts, act as the main point of contact for all day - to day customers quality and technical items in the business and build strong and productive working relationship with customers
* Ensure that a clear technical strategy is in place for your account as well as ensuring your team customers have clear strategy in place and support them writing these. Ensure that these have been built with relevant stakeholders and has been shared appropriately.
* To be the Technical advocate within the business for the business unit's customers.
* To develop networks to support innovation & market leading technical standards.
* To take a leadership role in the development for the Technical Strategy.
* Pro-actively communicate quality to customers and manage shelf life accordingly. Support the teams to ensure they know how and when to communicate.
* For your the account(s) ensure the technical KPI information is kept up to date at all times and disseminated, working with the Technical Executive who reports to you to ensure that they support on this.
* Understand the technical policies and strategies for all the your directly managed retail customers. Working with the Technical Executive who reports to you to ensure Quality Manuals are amended accordingly.
* Use your knowledge of the products to pro-actively discuss opportunities and issues with customers and internal stakeholders.
* Support the Technical Executive to manage workload ensuring that they support the team as needed to allow them to understand the accounts.
* Ensure the Technical Executive has clear objectives which are agreed with the Head of Technical and CSR.
* Provide feedback to the Head of Technical and CSR on the performance of the Technologist on their performance and development in relationship to the accounts.
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please either apply via this advert or call Henderson Brown on 01733 235 111 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.