TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER - HOME BASED - ENGLAND
Our rapidly growing client who are specialists in the energy meters market have secured exclusivity for a brand new range of energy meters from a major global brand which boasts multiple unique features and is set to become a UK market leader.
The new meter range is viable for all industries and our client is keen are keen to recruit a Technical Sales Manager with a focus on the Solar and emerging, lucrative EV Charging markets.
Technical Sales Manager job - Role Description
We require an enthusiastic sales professional who can open doors and create conversations in the Solar and EV Charging industries.
Working predominantly from home, we need a self-motivated individual looking to carve out their own place in a rapidly growing business. Although support is available (both technical and sales), the role is mostly self-managed and results based.
The role entails both commercial and technical aspects of the sales process. Basic knowledge of the energy metering industry, solar or EV charging would be a massive plus, although we are willing to consider candidates with the right attitude and aptitude who is able to open doors and successfully achieve sales.
Technical Sales Manager job - Scope
There will be extensive contact with customers, primarily by telephone and e-mail but will involve some customer meetings. The role covers the entirety of the UK, and the right candidate would be expected to prioritise and strategise for the best results.
You will be qualifying and responding to our sales leads, organising quotations, sales information, demonstrations, samples and evaluations, and recording sales processes.
Technical Sales Manager job - Key Objectives
* Maintain and develop national sales as part of a team
* Meet agreed sales growth targets
* Win purchase orders in line with sales strategy
* Maintain & develop internal sales processes
* Build and enhance relationships between our customers and our company
* Professional approach and communication
Technical Sales Manager job - Main Responsibilities
* Grow our business in the EV charging and solar industries
* Management of new sales leads, including qualification, response, recording and follow up with the objective of securing purchase orders.
* Send quotations, pursuing these to purchase orders
* Liaise with technical colleagues and our Order Fulfilment Team to respond to customer queries
* Use and maintain our CRM system
* Prospect for new customers within key target growth areas (EV charging & solar)
* Take part in monthly sales meetings
This is a new role, selling a cutting-edge product. We are willing to discuss KPI's and sales-targets with the right candidate and devise a structure that is mutually agreeable and beneficial . General KPI's include:
* Purchase orders received
* Gross profit margin attained
* New customers in targeted sectors
Technical Sales Manager job - Key Requirements
* Experience - a proven track record in a successful business-to-business sales environment
* Technical - must have a basic knowledge of energy metering, solar or EV charging industries - although technical support is available, and you do not need to be an engineer. Whilst some level of technical background is required, the most important quality is an ability and willingness to learn about and understand our products.
* Professional demeanour and attitude, outgoing and friendly
* Organised, focussed, sales driven
* Excellent telephone manner - be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive sales tool
* Good computer skills (Office, Teams, updating CRM)
* You should have the confidence to use your own initiative, and to seek out opportunities to improve processes and services
* Enjoy working under self-direction and from home - as a team we support each other when needed, but self-motivation is key. We do not micromanage.
* Credibility and reliability - make realistic commitments and deliver upon them.
* Resourcefulness - comprehend SME conditions and creative use of resources in an entrepreneurial environment. Maintain contacts within and outside the Company to swiftly solve problems. Actively seek guidance and information from available sources
You may need to travel to and attend trade shows & industry functions, or sales partners as required.
Technical Sales Manager job - Summary
We have an industry leading product which outstrips the competition significantly. This product is brand new, and so far, unseen. This role is a blank canvass and supported by a highly skilled team of driven individuals who will not micromanage or fill your life with bureaucracy. Flexible and highly rewarding, this is a perfect opportunity for someone who has self-confidence and the ability to get traction within solar and EV charging brands in the UK.
Competitive, all aspects of this role are negotiable, including salary and bonus structure.
Please apply ASAP
Relevant previous job positons held: Technical Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Business Development Manager, UK Country Manager, Technical Sales Executive, Head of Sales, Area Sales Manager, EV, Solar, Electric Vehicle Charging