Job Title: Technical Service Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Our client is a leading food business who supply to a variety of the major retailers. As they continue to expand and grow their presence in the marketplace they are now seeking a driven and ambitious Technical Service Manager in Northamptonshire.
Reporting into the Head of Technical, this role is an excellent opportunity for an experience Food or Fresh Produce professional looking for their role upwards to join a well-respected food manufacturing company that supplies premium products to a number of retailers.
In this Technical Service Manager position you will be responsible for:
* Ensures our products remain technically compliant with the relevant territories in which our customers operate
* Ensure our Technical Specifications are up to date and accurate
* Provide our customers with on-site Technical Service and Troubleshooting
* Ensure that new product development trailing is carried out effectively and in a timely manner
* Coordinate with the company's current and potential suppliers, to ensure the business continues to develop new and market leading products at a competitive cost
* Liaise and build relationships with co-suppliers (i.e., machine, tray suppliers) and ensure that the product range is understood and promoted by the supplier to their customers.
* Support the development and implementation of commercial strategies in line with company goals and objectives aimed at accelerating business growth.
* Understand the Technical requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
* Support and drive fast delivery of new product development into commercial success.
* Support and drive delivery of new business development into commercial success.
* Work in collaboration with all internal departments to ensure all opportunities for additional sales are realized.
* In conjunction with the procurement team, develop a capable, reliable, ethical and innovative supply base.
* Identify innovation and trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
* Protect the company's value by keeping information confidential.
* Contribute to the development of company business strategy.
* Embrace the company behaviours and values - Ownership / Innovation / Passion / Trust.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
Experience with packaging is advantageous for this role.
In return you will be given a generous salary and package and the opportunity to develop your career within a profitable and growing food manufacturing business.
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please either apply via this advert or call Henderson Brown on 01733 235 111 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.