Workshop Assistant - Trainee
£18720PA plus bonus
Work for a well established award winning organisation in the Bridgend / Porthcawl area. The company hire out machinery and tools used within the construction industry. They have a dynamic culture and believe in development of staff and internal progression opportunities.
Although some relevant work experience is required, this role offers an opportunity to be trained in testing, maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment. You will work 8 hours per day in a supportive working environment with scope for long term career progression. Duties include:
* Assisting the manager with testing equipment
* Maintenance and repairs to electrical and mechanical equipment
* Supporting the team preparing for deliveries and collections
* Loading and unloading
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
* Some working experience in either a mechanical or electrical role or relevant qualification
* PAT Certificate an advantage
* A desire to build a career in mechanical and electrical maintenance / repair
* Full drivers license
* Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail
* Positive work ethic
Not many roles offer the opportunity to be paid while you train. Earn a solid wage in the full time permanent role while you grow your skill set and experience. For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.