Earthmover Tyre Technicians - Alfreton
We are recruiting for Earthmover Tyre Technicians for our client. The company is an industry leader in the heavy equipment tyre industry which offers long term careers and invests heavily in employee safety and training.
Based at the client's depot in Alfreton you will normally be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00, with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break, although flexibility will be required to suit the needs of the business. There will also be some weekend working involved with this role although it won't be every weekend.
As an Earthmover tyre technician you will be fitting tyres for Earthmovers and or light vehicle equipment including, Loading Shovels, Tele handlers and Agricultural Vehicles.
* Ensure that all tyre fitting work is completed safely to the company standard.
* Perform Equipment Checks and Calibrations
* Fit and remove wheels from any type of vehicle including Industrial, Earthmover and Agricultural Vehicles.
* Mount and Strip any type of tyre and rims.
* Perform repairs to tyres and tubes
* Operate tyre handlers safely
* Perform inspections and determine the suitability of wheel and tyre components to remain in service.
* Ensure all tyre data collected is as accurate as possible and is applicable in clients service provision.
* Ensure all documentation on site is filed and stored promptly and auditable
* Assist in maintaining sufficient stock on site of rims, rim components, rim soap, sealant and tyres, regularly audit to maintain correct levels.
Occupational Health and Safety Compliance
* Conduct regular inspections on all fitting equipment such as jacks, stands, torque multipliers, bead breakers to ensure safe working condition.
* Ensure all work is carried out safely according the company's safe working procedures.
* Comply with site / workshop "lock out" / "tag out" procedures.
* Report hazardous or unsafe working conditions as per the company's safe working procedures.
* Actively participate in regular meetings and inspections in order to promote and improve safety in the workplace.
* Ensure all work is completed without incident to team, equipment or tyres.
Skills and Experience
* 1 year of heavy earthmover / light vehicle tyre fitting experience as a qualified fitter (desirable)
* HGV 2 / Category C driving licence (desirable)
* Category B driving licence with no more than 3 points for minor offences (essential)
* Ability to understand tyre sizes and applications
* Ability to understand tyre failure causes and analysis
* Ability to understand tyre maintenance options (application, psi, rotations, matching, removal, rims etc.)
* Ability to safely carry out tyre maintenance plans for optimum performance and casing generation.
The starting salary for this role is circa £21,000 to £24,000 dependant on experience this will be reviewed after successful completion of training period. Please note all employees will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.