Job title: Vehicle Technician
Division: Land Sector
Business Unit: Critical Services (Babcock Vehicle Engineering Ltd)
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Direct reports: None
Main purpose of Role:
The conversion and integration of vehicles to new specifications.
Health and Safety Requirements:
Responsible for the well-being and Health and Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, to include;
· Fully cooperate with your employer in the interests of health and safety
· Follow the safe system of work in all cases, where this is not possible stop work and report the reasons to your supervisor
· Comply with any local health and safety arrangements, where this is not possible stop work and report the reasons to your supervisor
· Do not engage in horseplay at any time within the workplace
Key Objectives / Accountability:
· Removal and re-installation/fitting of seats, panels, roof lining, door cards, interior trim, engine ancillaries, carpets, switch gear light clusters, bumpers.
· Removal and refitting of automotive parts and components.
· Installation of wiring looms and other electrical components
· Complete minor mechanical tasks e.g.: Changing brake fluid.
· Complete documentation on work carried out including job sheets, service sheets
· Prepare, equip, fit and commission all vehicles-both new and used - and strip out the same prior to disposal
· Testing and instillation of free issue equipment
· Carry out all duties with regard to general cleanliness and tidiness and assist in the weekly clean-up of the workshop
· Quality, HS&E compliance and external and internal audit findings
· Full compliance with stated processes and work instructions
· Consistently meet Quality and Build Targets
· Extensive experience of working in an automotive / engineering environment as a Vehicle Technician
· Experience of working with modern vehicles, including hybrids.
· Up to date knowledge of vehicle instillation techniques
· Understanding of and ability to follow circuit diagrams for installation and fault finding purposes.
· Auto Electrical Installation experience, with removal/refitting of trim and panels
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to develop and maintain good internal relationships.
· Ability to act as a credible representative of the company to external parties.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
· Experience of working in an automotive / engineering environment is desirable
· Educated to HNC/HND standard or equivalent
· Full Clean Driving License
· Work in compliance with established Company policies and procedures
· Demonstrate uncompromising safety, integrity & commitment at all times
· Carry out any other reasonable requests as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
· Have or be willing to obtain the relevant level of security clearance and maintain the relevant level of clearance throughout your employment. Security clearance is a mandatory requirement for your role, failure to maintain will result in disciplinary action and potential dismissal.
Standard benefits are;
Pension scheme – min contribution 4.5% - Company match to 8%. Every 5 years 1% Pension Loyalty fund.
As part of the pension scheme – Group Life Assurance (4x Pensionable salary)
Flex Bens – Employees to select at a cost to themselves.
· Serious Illness Cover
· Travel Insurance Cover
· Health Cash plan / Dental Cover
· Corporate Perks
· Cycle to work scheme
· Tax free Childcare (Available through the Direct Gov website).
Employee Share Plan scheme:
Holiday 22 plus Bank Holiday
In process standard shutdown
May & August & Christmas
10 floating days