WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE & PICKER POSITION
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £19,692 per annum + overtime & benefits for all staffing from day one with the company
Hours are : 8:30am to 6pm Monday to Friday then rotate the following week to 12:30 to 10pm Monday to Friday.
You will be required to work one Sunday a month but you will get a day off in-lieu back in the week!!!
As a warehouse/Distribution Centre Team Member/Warehouse Operative - Picker you will be a part of a team taking responsibility for the Distribution Centre and all areas associated with this.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Accurate picking and packing goods in preparation for distribution to customers.
- Safe loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Checking delivered items against paperwork to ensure correct goods have been delivered.
- Booking in items whilst ensuring KPI’s are met.
- Locating items safely in the Distribution Centre in the given location.
- Rework activities.
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work place.
- Ensure best practice in place to ensure staff safety comes first.
- Ensure outside areas (loading/unloading/skips) are clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are in place and maintained.
Skills and experience:
- Must be physically fit due to nature of work.
- Able to demonstrate relevant experience in similar environment.
- Counterbalance Forklift licence would be an advantage however not essential.
- Candidates who are flexible in regards to shift pattern.
- Analytical thought process and logical approach to problem solving.
Our Client is the UK's largest supplier of specialist ironmongery & electrical products, and have been supplying to trade customers for over 50 years.